ASCAP Members Awarded Fellowships from Guggenheim Foundation
April 17, 2013
Congratulations to the seven ASCAP members and affiliate members who have been awarded Fellowships from the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation in the field of Music Composition. Appointed on the basis of prior achievement and exceptional promise, the successful candidates were chosen from a large pool of applicants.
The ASCAP members who have been named Guggenheim Fellows are:
- Ms. Kati Agócs, Composer, Boston, Massachusetts, and Composition Faculty Member, New England Conservatory of Music: Music Composition.
- Mr. Aaron Einbond, Composer, New York City, and Research Fellow, Center for Research in New Music, University of Huddersfield: Music Composition.
- Mr. Carman Moore, Composer, New York City: Music Composition
- Mr. Paul Moravec, Composer, New York City, and University Professor, Department of Music, Adelphi University: Music Composition.
- Mr. Jean-Michel Pilc (SACEM), Composer, Brooklyn, New York, and Adjunct Professor, Steinhardt Jazz Studies, New York University: Music Composition.
- Mr. Narong Prangcharoen, Composer, Kansas City, Missouri: Music Composition.
- Ms. Sheila Silver, Composer, Spencertown, New York, and Professor of Music, Stony Brook University, SUNY: Music Composition.
For more information, visit www.gf.org.